1196609003 发表于 2019-6-7 19:30:35

【GMAT】if only because 的解释及中文译法

高手看英文就知道意思了。发这个帖子主要是想升等级用的。如果你的米粒很多,烦请支持一下。Thanks in advance.

好几次看到if only because这个组合,但是网上好多翻译都是错的。

Proponents of the equal rights amendments argue for its necessity if only because averge salaries for women are still considerably lower than those for men with comparable jobs and work experience.

Proponents of the equal rights amendments argue for its necessity and perhaps they do so for the sole reason that average salaries for women are still considerably lower than those for men with comparable jobs and work experience.
**** Hidden Message *****
下面看一下使用上与其他组合的区别
I clean the kitchen floor because it's dirty. = I do the cleaning for this reason: The floor is dirty at that time.

I clean the kitchen floor only because it's dirty. = I do the cleaning for this reason, and only this reason; I don't do it for any other reason: The floor is dirty at that time.

I clean the kitchen floor once a month if only because I've gotten into the habit. = I do the cleaning for no really good reason. I do not do the cleaning because the floor is necessarily dirty, for example. Maybe IF I do the cleaning, the real reason is ONLY/simply/just BECAUSE I'm in the habit of doing so, whether the floor is dirty or not.
=I clean the kitchen floor once a month for no better reason than that I've gotten into the habit.

奇奇怪怪 发表于 2019-6-7 22:30:14

额,挣积分?

scju 发表于 2023-4-1 00:33:22

谢谢作者,希望论坛还有重新开放的那一天!
页: [1]
查看完整版本: 【GMAT】if only because 的解释及中文译法