免费注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

查看: 646|回复: 1

[语言讨论] 原创:First Rule to Improve Your English: Get Involved

[复制链接]

该用户从未签到

发表于 2018-3-25 20:24:55 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Many people lament the difficulties of learning English, citing mountains that can't be humanly possible to overcome: never-ending list of new words, grammar rules that are so complicated only professionals can decipher, hearing comprehension is a pipe dream even after decades of training...  But before you "hear hear" the bellyaching, allow me to shed some light into the path leading to leaps and bounds of your English skills.   e' h& H/ ~6 i" F- x

. X) R# ^  K/ E8 @0 n3 \( {The biggest secret to anything often lies in plain sight.  The first rule by follow which you can quickly fall in love with English language and love every minute of it is to get involved.  Get yourself involved in conversations (e.g. on WeChat) and discussions (e.g. on forums) initiated by other old-hand English learners.  Chime in with whatever comes to your mind at the moment.  It doesn't matter if you agree or disagree with whatever is being tossed about; just say what's on your mind, make yourself heard and read, get the message across, and see how that plays out.  Chances are your messages will be heard and read, and be replied to.  That's how you get started on this journey of great excitement and most cherishable enjoyment.  Try your every bit of effort to not let the threads of the discussion out.  Remember the ID of whoever takes the time to write back to you.  Imagine what he or she might come up with to counter your argument on the next round of your sword-crossing.  Say sorry if you remarks may touch a raw nerve in others.  Show appreciation with sincerity when you receive help from your audience, be it a life problem, or the spelling of a new word.  The Cyberworld may differ a lot from this physical world of ours, but something never changes:  You will be most likely treated the way you treat others.  Out of interactions conducted with kindness, sincerity, and patience, grow true friendships.  This is how you get yourself involved.  Before you know it, you are looking forward for more.  # n' i, v6 C0 `  z
+ m! J2 g0 i0 ^" r/ m3 |
Let's get the ball rolling!
/ H, h" W( c, m  h' [. @
* Y% Z2 }3 r& _5 tPan.

该用户从未签到

楼主| 发表于 2018-3-25 20:25:48 | 显示全部楼层
本文原创,首发于豆瓣 Canuck's Comments: " w; W$ W, m0 x2 d7 S$ T
https://www.douban.com/group/topic/112089809/
1 s* \# p6 s* W- F; G9 l2 B2 A! _
  A& O$ p1 v4 b! dPan.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 免费注册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|PDAWIKI |网站地图

GMT+8, 2024-4-20 03:54 , Processed in 0.033423 second(s), 8 queries , MemCache On.