• TA的每日心情
    开心
    2019-10-30 01:00
  • 签到天数: 127 天

[LV.7]常住居民III

发表于 2018-5-12 03:48:13 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
    本帖最后由 loveaffairs 于 2018-5-18 14:27 编辑
    & b; L" E( _& G# P2 t9 U, B# c; {- D/ }
    本人在另一个帖子[https://www.pdawiki.com/forum/fo ... &fromuid=268154]里谈到“词义的准确理解和传神(甚至创造性)对应,对于口笔译甚至整个语言体系都会产生深刻和长远的影响,其重要性和价值怎么强调也不为过”。现举一个本人工作中的例子加以说明,籍此表达对本论坛钻研词义的版主和坛友的敬意。
    8 S+ N* m9 ]' a* L6 i" z; p% g9 O# ~" k# h/ C5 a  L( I
    工作中需要说明在某个国家(A)对国际条约提出保留时其他国家(B)不予反对的态度。如果B加入条约在先,A再提出对条约的保留意见,这时如果B保持沉默,则认为B作出tacit acceptance了。相反,如果A已加入条约并提出了对条约的保留,然后B在提交加入书时,未针对A的保留意见提出反对,就认为B作出implicit acceptance了。8 p$ d' j$ `; r6 d; T& l$ `
    ) f3 [+ e& Q% l* b
    同事提出将tacit acceptance译成“默示接受”,而将implicit acceptance译成“默认接受”,我认为一个更好的译法可能是将tacit翻译成“默认”,而将implicit翻译成“隐含”,理由如下(因需向非中文同事传播,故用英文写成)。
    ( Y" _& I/ @, T5 j, r- Q1 S/ r' ^$ s" k: j- _. z
    Being aware of the recommendation of using “默示” for “tacit” and “默认” for “implicit”, we refrained from applying it even though the edited manuscript used the Chinese terms the other way around.$ N1 F7 h6 L7 M6 T" I2 D6 r3 |  p

2 N8 h+ @% N! K1 x8 U& d( jIn fact, according to the Special Rapporteur’s distinction, “tacit” acceptance is inferred when a treaty party does not raise any objection to a new reservation to the treaty in due course, while “implicit” acceptance is presumed if an entity joins a treaty without objecting to an existing reservation. Here, “tacit” seems to carry a more inactive connotation than “implicit”.% b8 B- {- F# _
    ; @; g* T" z' @& m/ \
    Arguably, it so happens that “默认” is to “默示” what “tacit” is to “implicit”, contrary to the recommendation. The differentiating part “认” in the first word has the sense of “inactively allowing”, and “示” in the second word means “indicating”. Maybe “默认”, meaning “acquiescing” and “隐含”, meaning “implied”, could be counter-suggested as the respective translations of “tacit” and “implicit”.
    % ~: I: J' H+ r9 a5 ~% r

3 R# C& e% O8 D& X

评分

查看全部评分

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 免费注册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|PDAWIKI |网站地图

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 20:58 , Processed in 0.028771 second(s), 12 queries , MemCache On.